A Praying Life Seminar
LEARNING TO PRAY IN A DISTRACTING WORLD
Many of us are quietly defeated in our private prayer lives. We’ve tried praying, but it just doesn’t seem to work. So we feel a combination of frustration and guilt. In this seminar, we will learn step-by-step how to begin a private life of prayer in fellowship with our heavenly Father. This seminar is not for victorious Christians, but Christians who often find themselves defeated in the trenches. It deals with such practical questions as…
- How do you stay focused when you are distracted with so much to do?
- How do you pray longer than five minutes?
- How do you pray when your own life is messed up?
- How do you ask when you’ve tried it before and it doesn’t work?
“The ‘A Praying Life’ Seminar is the most practical training in prayer possible. I highly recommend it.”
– Tim Keller, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, NYC
Our seminar leader, will be Bob Allums who has been with seeJesus since the very beginning. Though he was in pastoral ministry for 14 years in times past and has served Christian publishing companies such as InterVarsity Press and Crossway Books & Bibles, his great love is teaching the seeJesus seminars, especially A Praying Life. He has been regularly teaching the seminar both in the US and internationally for over twelve years. In fact, he enjoys it so much he is now the Director of A Praying Life Ministries for seeJesus. Bob and his wife, Helen, have three grown children, two grandsons, and live in Florida.
Friday, October 4:
5:15 – 6:00 pm Potluck Dinner (Fellowship Hall) Sign up for food when you register.
6:00 – 8:30 pm Seminar (Room TBD)
Saturday, October 5:
7:30 am Breakfast (Fellowship Hall)
8:00 am – 12 noon – Seminar (Room TBD)
Seminar Cost: $10/person, register and pay online using the Register Now! button.
Childcare available through grade 6 ($5 suggested donation at the door)
- 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm
- Potluck Dinner, Fellowship Hall
- A-H Main Dish Entree|I-Q Main dish entree|R-Z Dessert
- 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- A Praying Life Seminar - Part 1
- Room TBD
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am
- Breakfast, Fellowship Hall
- sponsored by the Men's Breakfast Team
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- A Praying Life Seminar - Part 2
- Room TBD